IN CRISIS? NEED HELP?
You are not alone, there is help available.
Call us at:HOTLINE (831)758-3302
Sunrise House can help: Counselors available 24hrs a day
Thinking of Running Away?
If your thinking for running away, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have basic human needs; food, shelter, and clothing?
- Why do I want to runaway?
- What will happen if I stay?
- What is wrong with my current situation that I think running away will help?
- What else could I do?
- Who can I talk with about my problems?
Tips For Parents
- Be a role model
- Make sure that your home is a safe, secure, and positive environment
- Maintain a positive mental attitude about your ability to be a parent
- Delegate responsibility
- Open communication
- Discipline with love
- Be clear on consequences for unacceptable behavior
- Spend more time with your children
- Take their concerns seriously
- When appropriate, seek counseling
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Personality changes
- Withdrawal from family/friends
- School problems
- Disciplinary problems
Options Other Than Running Away
- Moving in with another family member: a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, or grandparents.
- Moving in with a friend’s family, friends, teachers, neighbors, or other acquaintances.
- Emancipation: the legal term for granting youths the rights, privileges, and responsibilities of adults.
- Community counseling centers such as the Sunrise House for help and referrals.
- Foster Care and Group Homes
Dangers of Running Away
- Possible Death
- Abuse (sexual/physical)
- Health Problems
Sunrise House can help, counselors available 24hrs a day,